For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is Ashdown Design & Marketing Ltd.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use, other than as set out below.
We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify may use your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a customer of ours. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts order confirmation, delivery information (including items sold via our authorised dealers and distributors);
- Product related mailings to our dealer/distributor network
- People to whom we have provided warranties.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Telephone: 01621 857853
Post: Ashdown Design & Marketing Ltd, The Old Maltings Ind. Est. Hall Road, Heybridge, Essex, CM9 4NJ.
You can opt out of communications at any time via your account or in the footer of each email we send you.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. (We may make a reasonable charge for this service if the request is deemed excessive, repetitive or if further copies of the same information are requested).
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
REVOKE COOKIE CONSENT
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We have put in place appropriate security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information and ensure that it is processed lawfully which includes limited access, use of passwords and two-factor authentication as appropriate.
You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by mail using the details provided below:
Telephone: 01621 857853
Post: The Old Maltings Ind. Est. Hall Road, Heybridge, Essex, CM9 4NJ.