March 23, 2018
Warehouse & Production operative required....
You will be expected to do the following tasks:
- Receive goods and book in when required
- Store received goods in the appropriate locations within the warehouse
- Check loads for damaged or missing items upon receipt
- Move and rearrange stock, either by hand or with heavy lifting equipment
- Pick & Pack our daily orders, spares and service goods
- Prepare export orders for shipping including palletising orders
- Assist with production when required
- Clean the space and ensure that goods don’t get damaged
- Work with the team
- Load goods onto trucks for shipping at the end of each day
Warehouse Operative Basic Requirements - There are a few basic requirements that include being physically able for the sometimes-strenuous work, being methodical, being able to follow instructions closely, and working well with others.
- IT Skills: For data entry and inventory. Excel, Outlook basics
- Spatial Thinking: You’ll have a huge advantage in this work if you can visualise ways to organise for maximum efficiency.
- High-Energy: Being a self-starter with a high level of energy will help you excel in this job.
- Cleaning Experience: The job often involves cleaning up the warehouse space.
What else to expect – You will be expected to help where required from shipping and logistics to production.
- The hours will be 8:30 – 5:30 Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 4:30 on Fridays. You might be asked to work the odd weekend through out the year but this is not often.
- The salary will be entry level and is ideally suited for a first job out of school.
- We are based in Heybridge, Essex so a local candidate is essential. The applicant must be able to get their way to and from work on time so own transport is preferred.
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applicants is the 1st of April 2018. We will not be reviewing any applicants after this date.
Our full address is: Ashdown Engineering, The Old Maltings Ind Est., Hall Road, Heybridge, Essex, CM9 4NJ
Our web sites: www.ashdownmusic.com www.metersmusic.com