Some of our UK retailers have opened their doors for the first time in the best part of 3 months... We have always supported the wonderful people who look after our brand on shop floors across the world and even more so in these times. It is great to get back out on the road to show our support to many of the stores now reopen.
We can't do much but delivering sausage rolls and biscuits go down well enough for now...
So if you have been craving getting out safely and practising social awareness then here is a list of Ashdown stockists now open and operating within the government guidelines and a statement from the fine folk at Professional Music Technology:
'We're pleased to announce that PMT Stores are Covid Secure and are now open to the public from 15th June 2020*.
We have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment across all PMT Stores and we are proud to say we are Covid Secure and have been meticulous in following government guidelines to help ensure a safe shopping environment for our customers and a safe working environment for our staff.
When you arrive at PMT, you’ll notice a few differences to the shopping experience. But we are still very much here to help and we are still providing our customers with the gear they need. '
Professional Music Technology - Birmingham
Professional Music Technology - Romford
Professional Music Technology - Cambridge
Professional Music Technology - Oxford
Professional Music Technology - Norwich
Professional Music Technology - Cardiff
Professional Music Technology - Leeds
Professional Music Technology - Liverpool
Professional Music Technology - Manchester
Professional Music Technology - Northampton
Professional Music Technology - Southend
Professional Music Technology - Portsmouth
Professional Music Technology - Newcastle
Professional Music Technology - Nottingham
Professional Music Technology - London
Here is a little on what to expect in stores:
Here are a few of the Covid Secure steps that have been implemented in PMT stores:
- We are limiting customers within our store to keep our staff and customers safe
- To help with limiting customers we will have friendly door marshalls permitting entry and welcoming you on arrival.
- Appropriate PPE has been provided for our staff.
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in place in line with government guidance.
- We have implemented rigorous cleaning and hygiene protocols in regards to counters, workstations and stock including hand sanitiser stations for customers and staff upon entry and exit.
- We also have specific cleaning bays for stock that has been played with or handled by staff/customers.
- Social distancing in store & outside - 2 metre marks have been clearly displayed and marked out.
- Store layouts will differ from previous customer experiences; changes to our displays are to increase open areas in-store to ensure conformity to social distancing guidelines and customer/staff safety.
- Showrooms and instruments have been cleaned and will be continually cleaned throughout the working day.
- We are currently advising against all but essential product demos. However, should you wish to demo a product before making a purchase you must ask a staff member before handling / touching the item.
- Any products demonstrated will then be moved to our cleaning stations where a member of staff will clean the instrument before returning it to display.
- You can complete your purchase at the till point where we have installed perspex screens to help protect staff and customers.
- No cash payments, only card transactions are available at this time.
- Customer returns/repairs/part exchange items will be immediately moved to quarantine bays and then assessed in store before being processed and made available to the public.